Boyhan congratulates winners of Local Enterprise Village Awards
Independent Senator, Victor Boyhan, has today (Thursday) congratulated the winners of the first-ever Local Enterprise Village Awards at the National Ploughing Championships.
“The awards, which were presented by the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Ms. Mary Mitchell O’ Connor T.D, acknowledged excellence in a number of categories including artisan food products, innovative services, craft and technology businesses.
“A total of 84 small companies from each Local Authority area took part in the awards competition. The small business treated visitors to the village to an amazing display of everything from craft cider to sweet chili sauce and handmade jewellery, the very obvious common denominators are the high quality products, professional presentation and the strong customer service focus.
“I wish to congratulate this year's prize winners, in particular this year the Customer Service Award went to online Jewellery and craft retailer "The Irish Workshop" run by Charmaine Kenny and supported by Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council LEO.
“Businesses from a number of Local Authority Areas were winners this year;
- Galway Green Earth Organics were overall winners in the food category who offer “Farm to Door" delivery of organic vegetables and foods to Galway, Mayo, Limerick and Dublin. You can check out their website on www.greenearthorganics.ie
- In the Food and Drink category, Scott’s Irish Cider won the main award for its vegan, gluten and additive free cider handcrafted by the Scott family in Cavan. http://scottsirishcider.com/
- The first Vision Award for 2016 went to SUIP Manufacturing from Sligo for its ingenious ride on lawnmower sprayer conversion kit. (www.suipco.ie).
- A second Vision Award went to "Celtic Gent" from Fingal County Council who produce a highly original and stylish range of Irish Heritage tweed Jackets and Waistcoats for men and tweed Capes and Gilets for ladies. Please see www.celticgent.ie for more details.
- The overall Prize for 2016 went to Emerald Oils from Tipperary, Munster’s first producers of a premium Rapeseed Oil for a range of culinary uses. www.emeraldoils.ie
“A full list of all the exhibitors in the Local Enterprise Village is available through www.localenterprise.ie”.
- Senator Victor Boyhan, 22nd September 2017