Senator Victor Boyhan grew up in Dún Laoghaire, and his family roots go back to Grangecon, Co Wicklow and Co Kildare.
His family had an agricultural business, and due to family circumstances, he was raised in an orphanage in Dún Laoghaire.
He was born in 1961.
When he first got involved in politics, he became a member of the Progressive Democrats, and subsequently became an Independent councillor. He has no political party affiliations.
A member of the Anglican community in Ireland, Senator Victor Boyhan has an impressive record in involvement in local and national organisations.
- Elected to Seanad Éireann 2016
- Whip of Seanad Éireann Independent Group 2016 - 2017
- Leader of Seanad Éireann Independent Group 2017
- Member of the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Housing, Planning, Community & Local Government
- Member of the Audit Committee of the Oireachtas Commission
- Member of the British – Irish Parliamentary Assembly
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Irish Parliamentary Association
- Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company
- Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council - representing the Blackrock Ward